- RetailPlayer S400 or SP400 device registered in the Portal and running FW 6.0.X or above
- The player on which you want the schedule to be applied should be set in the correct Time Zone. This setting can be found in the Portal under the Settings tab of the player as per below screen.
IMPORTANT: After setting the correct value for the Time Zone, click on Save to apply the setting to the device.
It is possible to check from the Portal Status page of the player which time the device is set to. Go in the Overview page of the player and locate the Status Report "Local Time"
IMPORTANTThe Audio Files Scheduler will work only if you will operate within the same ORG where the device sits in. Make sure you upload the audio files to be scheduled when you are in the same ORG of the devices on which you intend to run the schedule.
Schedule Audio Files
- After login in the Portal, select the ORG where the device on which you want to run the schedule are registered, select it from the drop down menu in the Portal in the top left corner
- Upload your audio files in the Audio Files Manager of the Portal by clicking on the corresponding button. You are free to select and upload multiple files at once. from the local PC used to access the Portal
- Locate the Audio Files Scheduler. if a Schedule is not yet created click on ADD.
- Assign a name to the Scheduler
- From the Asset drop down menu select one of the audio files available, those corresponds to the audio files uploaded previously in the Manager
- To position the Asset (Audio File selected) in the Scheduler, simply double click in correspondence of the desired time, when the audio file should play. The proper insertion is confirmed by an icon appearing in the scheduler area.
- It is possible to zoom in the scheduler to increase the timing granularity and move the asset at the precise minute on which it should be playing. To zoom use the corresponding buttons below trhe scheduler or if a mouse is used, control the zoom with the mouse wheel, while for track-pads use 2 fingers sliding vertically or horizontally to control the zoom. To move an asset in the scheduler click on it one time, a 4-arrow cursor appears when the mouse is overlaid, drag and drop to move the asset to the desired time and day. To delete an asset from the scheduler, after clicking on it one time, use the red cross to delete it.
- It is possible to insert in the scheduler as many assets as needed.
- Use the NOTES field to add comments or instructions associated with the scheduler
- Once finished click on SAVE, After saving the schedule it is possible to edit it again if needed or it can be removed using the DELETE button after selecting the schedule from the drop down menu "Schedule"
- Now that the schedule is created we need to "push" it to the devices where we want to run it. This is easily done by clicking on ASSIGN DEVICES Button from the scheduler tab
- In the dialog that appears select the devices on which the schedule has to run and click on SAVE. Note that it is possible to assign the schedule only to devices part of the same ORG of the schedule, and that are running a FW > 6.0.x.
- In the device tab, it is possible to check the schedule assigned. Clicking on the
Done. The scheduler is now set on all the devices that requires it.
When the time comes for a file to play, the RetailPlayer will smoothly fade out the streaming channel, play the audio file (an announcement, a song, a message, an information, a reminder..) and fade back in the streaming channel that was playing previously.
It is possible to check from the Status report if an event (audio file scheduled or manually triggered) is playing by looking at the Active Resource field and Active Stream:
If the player doesn't behave as described above despite following all the steps described, please contact email@example.com